Barbecued garfish with capers, garlic and herbs
By Al Brown
- 18 Fresh garfish
- 1/2 cup Basil
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 1/3 cup Capers (roughly chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 Lemons (zested)
- 200 grams Butter
- Canola oil
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flakey sea salt
- Lemon juice
- Turn the flat top of your BBQ to medium.
- Scale the piper, remove the guts, rinse in a little salt water and then pat dry.
- Spike the bill of the piper through the tail.
- Season the piper with salt and pepper, dust with a little of the flour, then pat off any excess flour.
- Add a little canola oil to your flat top.
- Cook your floured piper for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Add the butter, lemon zest, garlic and capers to a saute pan or small pot and cook on a medium low heat for a minute or so before adding the parsley, basil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, divide out the cooked piper onto warm plates then spoon over the rustic butter sauce.
- Serve immediately with a wedge of lemon and a bit of crusty bread for dipping.