The gutsy flavours of smoked paprika and cumin go well with salmon, fresh tuna (skipjack and albacore both get the green light from Forest & Bird) or game fish such as trevally or kahawai (amber rating). If using tuna or game fish sear the kebabs very quickly so the fish stays really rare–that way it will be buttery and tender inside. Ready in 20 mins.
- 1kg Skinless, boneless salmon, tuna or firm white fish, cut into bite-size chunks
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme or oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Dill sprigs and very finely sliced lemon, to serve
Dill and Lemon Yoghurt
- ½ cup Natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp Finely chopped dill
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Place fish in a bowl with oil, lemon zest, smoked paprika, cumin, herbs, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Thread onto 8 barbecue skewers and grill over medium-high heat until cooked (about 2 minutes each side).
- To make Dill and Lemon Yoghurt, stir together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve skewers garnished with dill sprigs and lemon slices and accompanied by Dill and Lemon Yoghurt.
For more great Annabel Langbein recipes see annabel-langbein.com
PHOTO CREDIT: Annabel Langbein Media