By Angus Allan of The Collective
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ cup cream
- 200g mussels (de-bedded and blanched)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup finely diced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, paprika, cayenne, onion, turmeric, coriander, and cream in a food processor and process to a paste. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Roughly chop the mussels and add to the paste.
- Stir in the eggs, ¼ cup of the breadcrumbs, salt and red pepper.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape the mussel mixture into approx 12 fritters. Roll in the remaining breadcrumbs and fry in oil, until golden, crispy, and cooked through (about 4 minutes per side).
- Serve hot, accompanied by our straight up yoghurt dip.
Straight up yoghurt dip
- ¼ c coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 c The Collective straight up yoghurt (or other plain yoghurt)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix straight up yoghurt, lemon juice, coriander & salt until well combined.
- Season to taste and refrigerate until required.