- 4 x 180g fillets firm fish (albacore or skipjack tuna, kahawai, trevally, blue cod)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 limes, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- Lay the fish fillets on a plate. Put the salt, turmeric, lime juice and zest, ginger and garlic together in a small bowl and mix well.
- Rub this mixture over the fish on all sides and then cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to fry the fish, shake off excess moisture and dust the fillets lightly with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and when hot, lay the fish in a single layer in the pan. Fry until the fish turns golden and then turn each fillet over and cook for a further minute, so the fish is just cooked through and not drying out
- Serve at once with extra lime wedges and a little bowl of yogurt that has chopped coriander stirred through. Excellent with potatoes or rice.